Saturday, January 27, 2007

Letter to OU Intercollegiate Athletics Standing Committee

This is my letter to Dr. Bolon, chair of the Intercollegiate Athletics Standing Committee

Mr. Bolon:

I was hoping you could let me know how the OU Intercollegiate Athletics Standing Committee was involved in the recent elimination of several varsity athletic teams? I was also wondering if you happen to know the procedure in which Ohio University must take to official eliminate an athletic team.

Thank you very much and have a great day!


This was his quick response:


Well..., I can tell you that the IAC was represented in this process. As
far as the "procedure", the decision to eliminate athletic teams is
ultimately an administrative decision, in terms of the athletic department
administration and the university administration. In terms of further
questions or information, I encourage you to contact either or both of
those entities.

Thank you.

Dr. Bolon

No comments: