Tuesday, February 20, 2007

A letter for an OU Track Alumni

Bringing Back OHIO Track:

Thank you for creating your site dedicating to saving men’s track and field at Ohio University. I attended Ohio from 1992-93, working as a graduate assistant coach for Coach Elmore Banton while completing my Master of Science in Physical Education. It is doubtful that I would have gone into college coaching were it not for the opportunity to coach both the men and women’s track and cross-country teams at Ohio. While I am no longer working as a coach – having left the profession in 2000 – I still remain involved in collegiate track and field to this day. I have been doing the NCAA Division II Track & Field Team Power Rankings since 1998 and still occasionally work as a meet official. Ohio University shares the credit for that, which makes my anger and disappointment over their decision all the greater. As long as this decision stands, Ohio University will never see a dime out of me.

I have added a link to your site from my rankings Web site, www.d2rankings.com.

Brian Kavanaugh
81st President
The Nebraska Junior Chamber
2007: Rise to the Occasion

No comments: