Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Public Records Request Initial Response

This is the response I received today from Ohio University Legal Affairs Director John Burns. I will let you all know when the documents arrive in the mail.

I have received your public records request for the records dealing with the Men’s Indoor and Outdoor Track programs. Actually, the public records we have deal with the issue of all the sports that were eliminated, so this will be provided too. I would also note there were no minutes of the Intercollegiate Athletics Committee. I will mail these records to you this week.

As to your request for “information” involving “legal procedure”, I do not have any such public record: It would be correct to note I was fully aware of the decision and it does not violate any federal or Ohio laws.
I hope you are off to a good year too.

John F. Burns
Director of Legal Affairs

No comments: